We have created this policy (the “Policy”) for the website currently located at www.kokonutlime.com (the “Site”) to explain all of the following:
- How we use the information collected from you
- How you can instruct us to limit the use of that information if that is what you desire
- How we collect that information
- How we safeguard your privacy
1. Information Collection and Use
Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
We collect personal information that identifies you (“Personal Information”) if you choose to share such information with us. For example, we require Personal Information to register with the Site, make a purchase, sign up for services available through the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, enter sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions. Providing this information is optional; however, if you choose not to provide such information, you won’t be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
Examples of Personal Information We Use
- Personal: Your name, mailing address, your e-mail address, phone number, credit card information (including billing information), or other information that allows us to personally identify or contact you online or offline.
- Demographic: Your age or date of birth, income, highest level of education, gender, categories of books purchased, products owned or of interest, and other non-personal or survey-type information including attitudes, interests, and skills.
- Login: Username and password, private answers to security questions or other similar information that allows us to identify your account or authenticate you prior to giving you access to your account information.
- Technical: Type of browser and operating system you use, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Usage: How you use or browse Kokonutlime Books or related sites (“Website Usage” data) and what products you buy (“Order History”).
- Most common Web browsers today allow you to modify your settings to block cookies, alert you every time they are being sent, or allow their use by only those websites you approve. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy tab to make your selections. If you choose to disable cookies, certain features on the Site may not be available or work properly.
- Web Beacons: These are small electronic images that can be embedded within a web page or included in an e-mail message and are usually invisible to the human eye. When used, web beacons may tell us such things as: how many people are coming to ChronicleBooks.com; whether they are one-time or repeat visitors; which pages they’ve viewed and for how long; how well certain online advertising campaigns are converting; and other similar website usage data. When used in an e-mail, web beacons can tell us the time the e-mail was opened, if and how many times it was forwarded, and what links users click on from within the e-mail message. Based on this information, we can adjust the content, products, services, and promotions we provide you to better meet your interests.
2. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Internal Use of Information
We use Personal Information for internal purposes only, such as to notify you of new products or deals, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve the Site, to conduct research, and to solicit your feedback and input about the Site. Personal Information may be combined with data collected from other sources so that we may further improve the relevance of products, services, and advertisements offered on or through the Site.
We may contract every once in a while with other persons or entities whom we find trustworthy and secure(“Service Providers”) to provide certain services, such as credit card processing, advertising, analytics tools, widget providers, data management services, Web hosting, and Web development.
We provide our Service Providers with the information reasonably necessary for them to perform these services. Each Service Provider must agree to maintain reasonable security procedures appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
As Required By Law
In certain instances we may disclose Personal Information when such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal-related processes, enforce contract terms, respond to or resolve any claims (including valid consumer complaints), or otherwise protect the safety or rights (including intellectual property rights) of Kokonutlime Books, our customers, consumers, or the general public.
We provide areas on the Site for anyone to comment on our material and products. We are not responsible for any information you post or share. We encourage you to use common sense when using these services and never to reveal Personal Information about you that you do not want others to see. Any information you post or share in these areas is done so at your own risk. Such information can be accessed by the public. This means that any person or entity with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
3. Online Privacy Protection For Children
Information Practices for Children Under 13
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s information and strongly encourage parents to give attention to their children’s online activities. For this reason, we have adopted a special set of practices relating to collecting Personal Information relating to children under the age of 13.
We collect children’s Personal Information (if any at all) from adults. Access to Kokonutlime Books is intended to be acquired by parents and not by children directly. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we delete such information from our records.
For activities that require the use of Personal Information from children under the age of 13, Kokonutlime Books will obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting Personal Information in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Personal Information that we collect is stored on secure servers using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
We use secure socket layer (SSL) to encrypt your data during transmission to us. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. When we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our end to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, we can’t guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and other server security measures.
You may review, correct, update, or change your Personal Information, or remove your Personal Information from our direct marketing efforts, at any time by visiting your “My Account” page on the Site, or by contacting us at:
17613 69th ave court east
Puyallup, WA 98375
From time-to-time, you may be asked if you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers or news about our products and services. If you do not opt-out of receiving these types of messages, we will occasionally send you an e-mail message. You may, of course, always choose not to receive any of this information from us. At any time, you can follow a link provided in every e-mail message to unsubscribe from our newsletter.
Changes and Updates